TOM FOX ESTATE AGENTThis is the TOM FOX (Trading as: REMAX Property Centre) privacy statement. The place of business is 5a Bridge Street, Sligo, Co. Sligo, Ireland, F91 H271 for the purposes of complying with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (“the Data Protection Acts”) and the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011.
The foundation of data protection as it applies to personal data is built upon the following 8 legal principles:
- Obtain and process information fairly
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes
- Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes
- Keep it safe and secure
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to an individual, on request
We want you, our customers and visitors, viewing this website (www.tomfox.ie) to be informed as to our use and care of your personal data.
By visiting the website, you are deemed to be on notice of, and in agreement with, the manner in which we collect and process personal data which we receive via this website. If you do not agree with the manner in which we collect and process personal data, you should stop using this website now and not revisit. We hope you will stay with us though.
TOM FOX Policy on Data ProtectionYour right to privacy is recognised and respected. TOM FOX will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality in full compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts.
We do not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer. Any information which you provide in this way will not be made available to any third parties unless we have received your express consent or unless we are obliged by law. We may use data which you have submitted to us for statistical, market research, search engine optimisation (SEO) or promotional purposes in the normal way. TOM FOX will prohibit any third party linking data to you.
If you wish to make contact, the www.tomfox.ie website invites you to provide:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your e-mail address
- A short message
Obtaining Copies of Your DataIf your right of access to the data which you have requested is not restricted by an exemption under the Data Protection Acts, and is correctly requested, we will supply a copy of any personal data relating to you which we have received from you via this website. We are entitled to destroy any personal data which you submit to us at our discretion and will do so for security and/or data minimisation reasons where appropriate. In the event that we have destroyed any personal data which you have supplied to us we will not have any obligation to supply you with copies of this destroyed data or verification of the destruction. We will endeavour to provide you with a personal data destruction date if available.
If you wish to obtain copies of any personal data which we hold, you must write to us at: TOM FOX, Bridge Street, Sligo, Co. Sligo, Ireland, or e-mail us at email@example.com. You should include any personal identifiers such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address etc. For obvious data security reasons we require that you provide us with a valid photo i.d. to us to facilitate the access request. Indeed we reserve the right to require, see and confirm photo i.d. before passing any personal data to a requestor.
If you make a request in respect of your personal data, we will comply with this request within forty days of receiving it in writing. Depending on the circumstances of the request, we reserve the right in law to charge you an administrative fee which is currently set at €6.35.
Correcting Inaccurate InformationIf you discover that we hold inaccurate information about you, you can request us to correct that information and TOM FOX would very much encourage you to do so. Any such request must be in writing and should be transmitted to us either by post or by email at the addresses referred to above. We may require photo i.d. to confirm and fulfil the request.
We will review permissions already given by you before any actions are taken in respect of any further processing and update these as or if required by contacting you.
Deleting Your DataIn certain circumstances you may also request that data which you have supplied be deleted. If you wish to request a deletion, you will be expected to identify some contravention of data protection law in the manner in which we have processed the data which you require to be deleted. We may require photo i.d. to confirm and fulfil the deletion/rectification request.
If you are concerned about how personal data are processed via this website or indeed have any relevant complaints, please do not hesitate to bring these to the attention of TOM FOX Estate Agent by calling 00353719144446 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to CommunicateIf you provide us with any postal or email address, we may communicate with you by post or email to provide you with promotional information regarding services which we provide as a licenced property services provider (PRSA Licence Number 003347) or to keep you informed of any relevant property/lands sales/lettings/rental or property management matters which we believe might be of some interest. If you do not wish to receive this information from us you must notify us of this in writing, either by post or email, at the address mentioned earlier.
Purpose of data collectionThe Data Protection Act states that the purpose(s) for which the data are processed must be ‘specified, explicit and legitimate’. With this in mind, TOM FOX outlines the following purposes for which they process data:
TOM FOX collects, processes and retains personal data for the following reasons:
- To communicate with and answer queries from prospective, current or past clients.
- To initiate and provide a quality legitimate service for a prospective, current or past client with a requested sale, letting or valuation matter
- To fulfil obligations under law. E.g. The Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011. The Data Protection Act 1988-03
- To inform clients of further relevant information in line with what they have previously agreed. E.g. Information about a selection of properties which may be of interest to them in line with preferences supplied earlier for that same purpose.
- To carry out lawful business viably (company legitimate interests)
- To facilitate necessary communications between relevant parties to process and progress a sale, letting or valuation. E.g. Solicitors, surveyors, agents or other relevant individuals
The general personal data legitimate processing conditions under law underlying the purpose(s) of data collection by TOM FOX are:
- You the client (potential or previous) provided consent
- In the event of the necessity of the performance of a contract
- To prevent injury or other damage to you (the data subject): or serious loss of or damage to your property or otherwise to protect your vital interests
- Is necessary for the administration of justice
- Is necessary under an enactment
- The processing serves an official function; or
- Where necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by TOM FOX or by any lawful third party in the absence of reasons which prejudice your fundamental rights and freedoms or your (the data subject’s) legitimate interests.
Data collected must be adequate, relevant and not excessiveTOM FOX adheres to the principle that data gathered must be adequate, relevant and not excessive. It is important to note here that laws, rules and practices can evolve or change, so this will be reflected in the application and the operative spectrum of the three guiding sub-principles below.
Adequate: To provide the services on offer, personal data must be gathered for the purpose of communication, information, administration and legal compliance.
Relevant: Only personal data which is germane, appropriate and necessary under law to the requirements of the services provided and legitimate interests of TOM FOX Estate Agent are sought.
Not excessive: The necessity of having an 'upper limit' of personal data collection is acknowledged. TOM FOX Estate Agent is mindful of the potential for 'excessive data creep'.