Selling Property in Sligo
- Selling your house is not an activity you do everyday, so we want to make it easy for you to understand the process of how it works and to give you some tips to make your journey easier.
- Lifestyle changes are often the reason behind our decision to sell. Whether you are relocating, have a growing family or are downsizing, working out when to time your sale can be daunting – especially for first-time sellers.
- Today’s buyers are very educated about the comparable sales, which heavily influence the fair market value of your home. While the property price register can give you an idea of market trends, some areas have seen things picking up more than others. (Bidding wars do still exist)
- Use an experienced estate agent to list your home, who has a successful track record of selling homes in your area, listen to their recommendations. Instruct an agent you trust and follow their advice as often as you can.
- Put together a file containing all documents to do with the house. Include any guarantees for repairs, certificates for electrical and gas work, recent utility bills, property tax bills, maps and any other documentation you have. Your solicitor will ask you for them. Do this in advance and you will be ready when an offer comes in.
- It’s best to put your house up for sale before you decide to buy another one for practical reasons. It’s a lot of pressure to put on yourself and you don’t want to risk having to take less than you expected for the sake of a quick sale.
- Some works or staging maybe required to achieve a higher price and this would improve the saleability of the house.
- As a vendor, you want to get the highest possible price for your property. However, setting an unrealistic price will deter buyers. The value of your property can depend on factors such as the state of the market, current interest rates, the type of property and sold prices of similar properties in the area. Ultimately the market will decide what it is prepared to pay, but you need a realistic starting point.
- Choosing an agent is one of the most important steps towards a successful sale. They'll be doing all the hard work in your sale, listing and marketing your property to negotiating sales - all crucial to the success of your sale. Think of choosing an agent as entering into a business partnership: because that's exactly what it is – a partnership where both parties stand to gain from a successful result.
Thinking of Selling?
No-obligation pre-sale valuation service to all properties in Sligo.
Get your property seen by more buyers. We use the latest technology and social media to promote your property online to reach more prospective buyers.