Is your home in Sligo not selling? Here are 4 tips to help get your home sold FAST!
The condition of your most important rooms:
- Although you cannot change the location of your home, its price and condition are factors that you have the ultimate control over.
- First, you really should consider the conditions of the bathrooms and kitchens before listing your home. These areas need to be de-cluttered and staged properly for a successful sale.
- This means you really want to consider making all these upgrades before listing. You need to make sure you’re 100% ready to be listed when you do put your home for sale.
- Alternatively, if you are not willing to make upgrades to your home, consider this when you and your agent are discussing pricing.
- In order for you to sell quickly, you will need to invest your time in getting your house ready to sell. Preparing the home for sale will involve taking out personal items and making some renovations.
- However, there is a risk that if you overdo the staging and spend money and time in the wrong places then it may all be a waste. Instead, focus on bathrooms, kitchens, cleaning and getting rid of clutter.
- It is important that you find an agent who will help you to have a clear understanding of the sales strategy and pricing before listing the home. Get an agent who will ensure that you are on the same page at all times. With this synergy, you will be able to avoid any unnecessary conflicts during the time that your home is still on the market.
- Discuss all your intentions concerning the home with the agent and pay close attention to feedback. Do not be surprised if your agent suggests a reduction since the agent better understands the current conditions of the market. If your home is not selling after some time, and you as the seller demands to see progress, an ideal agent will normally ask for offers, do a follow up on all of the interested parties informing them that the seller is willing to sell.
- It is good to have a first-hand experience of how the market works. If you have your home listed at a considerably lower price than you may be comfortable with, there are high chances that you will get offers almost immediately. However, if you have it listed at a considerably higher price you will find that the market will clearly speak for itself and you are likely not to get any response after a long period of time. Since every scenario is unique, it is important to team up with an agent who is in agreement with your specific strategy and is able to help you to adapt to your specific market.
- If you provide recent inspection reports, prospective buyers will gain more confidence in the home. You may choose to price your home at an amount that will cater for any additional work to be done, the buyers may become more confident and are likely to make an offer quicker.
Thinking of Selling?
No-obligation pre-sale valuation service to all properties in Sligo.
Get your property seen by more buyers. We use the latest technology and social media to promote your property online to reach more buyers. Viewings can be arranged with buyers during evenings and weekends.